One of the most common questions we get asked is what can be done for signs of ageing around the eyes, including:
* Hooded eyes
* Dark circles
* Puffy eyes
* Crow’s feet
* Sunken or hollow eyes
Here at Luminous, whilst we heartily believe that ageing is a privilege and that a level of acceptance about ageing will bring more contentment and inner peace, we are also evangelical about the difference that HEALTHY and NATURAL techniques can make to facial ageing.
And the best news? Signs of ageing are not a one way street. Learning key face yoga techniques will not only help prevent further signs in the future, but can actually reduce and even erase signs of ageing when practised properly and consistently.
What causes ageing around the eyes?
There are a number of factors that contribute, including:
- Loss of collagen: As the body ages, we produce less collagen and our collagen breaks down. Collagen is the protein in the body that gives strength and flexibility. Loss of collagen around the eyes gives the appearance of sunken eyes and also contributes to crows feet.
- Loss of muscle tone: We have donut shaped muscles which ring our eyes (orbiclaris oculi muscles), as these loose muscle tone, the skin around the eye appears more droopy, contributing to hooded eyes, crows feet and sunken eyes. It can also worsen fluid retention around the eyes.
- Fluid retention: This can be due to a number of reasons, including too much salt, poor lymphatic drainage, loss of muscle tone, genes.
So how does face yoga actually work to improve the appearance of signs of ageing around the eyes?
Luminous Face Yoga can teach you how to tackle the factors that contribute to signs of ageing by:
- Boosting Blood flow (feeding skin with oxygen and nutrients, making it appear healthier)
- Strengthening the eye muscles to smooth and widen the eyes
- Boosting natural collagen production
- Boosting lymphatic drainage (remove fluid)
- Combatting eye strain
If you practice our techniques correctly and consistently, you would be amazed at what you can achieve.
Couple face yoga with the following healthy practices:
- Drink plenty of water
- Cold compress when puffy
- Get plenty of sleep
- Sleeping position – try and sleep on your back where possible for less wrinkles and fluid retention
- Eat nourishing, plant based and protein rich foods
Are you ready to get results like the Luminous member featured in the picture?
Join us today, HALF price with the code FAB50